The 10th annual GlobusWORLD conference was held April 10-12, 2012 at Argonne National Laboratory. The leading event for Globus users worldwide, GlobusWORLD offered over two days of presentations, tutorials, and networking opportunities for users, developers and resource owners.
- Keynote address by XSEDE’s John Towns (PI and Project Director)
- Keynote address by Blue Waters‘ Michelle Butler (NCSA Technical Program Manager)
- Keynote address by Ian Foster, Globus Co-Founder
The 2012 theme was “Move. Store. Collaborate.” Presentations focused on how Globus technologies help researchers move their data where they need it, store it for easy access, and collaborate with others via simplified sharing and management.
New this year:
- Day 1 tutorials: Get hands-on with our latest technology prior to the formal conference sessions
- New products: We’re announcing some major new offerings in 2012, and there is no better place to get an inside look — stay tuned for more info!
- Tutorial tracks: Choose the best session for your needs
- Resource roundtable with tips and tricks from hardware and network providers
- “Grill the Gurus” panel for Q&A with the full team of Globus developers
- Globus Online user and resource owner stories: See innovative examples from our popular file transfer service’s first year of use
- Birthday celebrations: At the Tuesday reception we’ll celebrate 15 years of Globus, 10 years of GlobusWORLD and our 1st year of Globus Online
Building on 10 years of success, and on the heels of a hugely successful first year for our Globus Online service, GlobusWORLD 2012 will include a range of new, unique and useful topics, including announcements of new and planned product offerings. The agenda will feature presentations of innovative use cases by users, resource owners and community leaders, as well as updates on Globus Online and Globus Toolkit development.
Our traditionally oversubscribed tutorials will be offered in tracks for greater customization of schedules. In addition, we are moving the day of tutorials to the front end of the conference so users gain an opportunity for hands-on interactions prior to attending the conference presentation sessions, to better inform their experience.
Session themes include:
- User Experiences: Innovative applications of Globus Online and Globus Toolkit technology
- Campus Success Stories: How campuses integrated with Globus technology
- Community Updates: Progress enabled in various research communities
- Resource Provider Spotlights: Stories of enablement
We encourage you to attend what promises to be one of the most valuable GlobusWORLD events to date!
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.